my liFe stoRy

Sunday, January 25, 2009

It's the eve of the golden ox year today. Sounds good doesn't it? The word golden gives it such a special feeling. I just came back from a dinner outside. No, your eyes aren't playing tricks with you. I went out with my parents and my dad's brother(uncle) for reunion dinner. The restaurant which we went to served really delicious food. We had a 6 course meal, which included yu sheng too. Haha, i only ate the raw fish and crackers in the yu sheng. The other dishes were wonderful. But at the end of dinner, I didn't feel full so we went to hagen daas to have ice-cream!
Oh, I went back to RV to visit my ex-teachers:) The CNY programme was super good, especially the riddle part and the dance part:) Talked a little to li lao shi, huang lao shi, ling lao shi, jiang lao shi, ms goh chay hian(jj chem teacher who transferred to rv:D), mr ng, mr choy. Too bad li lao shi was so busy so actually we didn't really had the time to catch up with each other. And mrs chak was on maternity leave so I didn't get to see her either.

I heard the sounds of firecrackers just now coming from outside the window so I went to take a look. It really was firecrackers. Oh my god. Aren't firecrackers banned in Singapore? How could anyone play with that? It's dangerous to play with it when the blocks of flats are so near to each other.
Anyway, I can't wait for the channel 8 variety countdown! It's in 25 minutes time! I feel the excitement.

Hehs. Then tomorrow I'll be going to my grandma's house and probably "gambling" with my aunts and cousins if there's time. The best thing in the past couple of years is that I've stopped going to my paternal side relatives' houses. They're really a weird bunch of people. I don't even want to talk to them. Anyway, don't want to talk about those stupid people. Just happy that I'll be with my maternal side relatives for chinese new year for the years to come:)
Wearing new clothes and new make-up tomorrow! I hope nothing goes wrong with my face. As in no pimples or anything. Haha!
I just realised that this is the 2nd chinese new year I'm spending with Sunny(my pet bird). Wow, time passes so quickly. I didn't even realise it slipping away. In about a month plus, I'll be heading to the number 2 age club already. Totally can't believe that I've been on earth for so long.

Golden Ox, I can't wait for your arrival:D I hope you'll bring strength, perserverance, determination to me through my 3 years degree course. And provide opportunities in my chosen career direction. I'll keep the burning passion going on definitely.

GONG XI FA CAI EVERYONE! HAVE A HEALTHY, WEALTHY AND OX-PICIOUS NEW YEAR! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home