my liFe stoRy

Sunday, February 15, 2009

STEM CELL RESEARCH

Do you guys support stem cell research? This topic has been one of the most controversial topics ever since the breakthrough in science technology. Since, I've touched on this, I might as well give my opinion too. It's been something which I've always supported. Although it has always been argued that stem cells are living beings as they are usually taken from embryos and that they should not be subject to experiments. I truly think that stem cell research is in for a good cause. Years down the line, it's possible that cancer patients and many more patients suffering from terminal illnesses could look to stem cells to improve their conditions or even take them out of the predicament completely. Without stem cell research, how else are scientists going to find cures for these life endangering diseases? In fact, an embryo isn't even formalised when the stem cells are extracted for research. So what's with the fuzzy and wuzzy about stem cell research?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home