my liFe stoRy

Sunday, February 15, 2009

As I browsed through the newspapers for the past few weeks, something stayed in my mind for quite a while. The economic contagion is really spreading. From executives to maufacturing to industrial and even to the dumping industry, layoffs have been introduced like nobody's business. In fact, the numbers reported are probably just a formality and those unreported if reported would have added up to an unforgivable number. Seriously, would layoffs improve the situation? I believe not. It may indeed serve the purpose of cutting costs, but definitely for the short term.
What big corporate bullies they are!
So if you have lost your job, are u going to continue searching aimlessly for another job? I hope that's not your mentality. I would say, go find a course to upgrade yourself or to train yourselves in industry which you've never implored. By the time the world gets out of this financial mess, you'll probably find a whole bag of opportunities begging you to accept them.
To everyone out there! Hang on! Don't give up alright?


My condolences to biren and christopher, who lost their loved ones recently. Stay positive:) And to fann, ignore the load of rubbish rumours and gossips going around. People just have nothing better to do, don't get affected by the things they say. If only christopher's dad's wake was held in s'pore, I would have gone. Having been his fan for many years now, I feel so sad for him but of course, no more suffering for his dad anymore.


Anyway, let's talk about something lighter and happier. Yesterday was Valentine's Day! :)
Went to jurong point for dinner and I saw the singer JJ Lin having his concert autograph session there! And the 9.33 dj ma li was there too! The entire jurong point was seriously jam packed with people. Madness. Hahah. Although I'm not attached so i didn't really have a valentine, but just a dinner at Fig and Olive with my mum, it was well worth it since I got the chance to see ma li and jj lin i guess, though i'm not a big fan of theirs. Haha, in fact, yesterday was more of a day that i tried to mug for my ibm unit.

Ok, today's another day for me to study. maths, here i come! :):)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home