my liFe stoRy

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Recently I've been reading many things online and I realize problem that is becoming rather obvious. Other than singlish posts from friends, be it on facebook, twitter, blogs, etc, which I think is perfectly fine, I found a rather startling problem among Singaporeans. That is, proper english spelling. In fact, the government has been constantly emphasizing on proper use of english, be it verbal or written.

Being a communications major, I feel rather strongly about this issue. I suppose the government can't really do much to alleviate this problem among adults. I feel that this relates to self-improvement. Companies should send employees who are weak in english for english courses so that they are able to improve themselves and at the same time, bring benefits to the company itself. Another option would be for individuals to refer to dictionaries when they are unsure about a certain spelling or how to structure their sentences properly. Being nonchalant towards english merely shows your incompetency in the language and in return, towards successful communication, which also means you simply don't care.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home